Underlying the Robby’s five behavioral principles central to Realizing You are the pillars of his philosophy covered in his conference opening speech. While these pillars are not original, they may help you in gaining greater insights into your personal bad behavioral habits as you accompany the book’s fictional characters on their transformative journeys.
- Your worst enemy is in this room now—sitting in your chair.
- No single book or tape will magically change your life forever and conquer all your challenges. Life is meant to be a series of ongoing challenges. You can find wisdom from many sources and apply each to your life.
- No magical object exists—such as Aladdin’s lamp—with the power to deliver your life’s aspirations.
- No person other than you has the power to change your life.
- If you don’t take action toward the change you want, change will never happen.
- Concrete actions toward a goal cause amazing things to happen that you could not anticipate or predict. But you must take the first steps.
- Start with one tiny step, then take the next steps that logically follow. Don’t worry about the final outcome. Remember the words of Martin Luther King, Jr.: “Just take the first step in faith.” Focus on what’s right in front of you. The first step will launch you on a series of steps toward your desired outcome.
- Your capacity to actually make lasting changes to your life is overwhelming.
Three Steps to Achieving Your Personal Goals
- Want something very much.
- Believe with all your strength that you will achieve it.
- When you come to know that it’s yours, it becomes reality. Then do what it takes to get to the finish line!
A Bad Habit Can Be Your Friend—REALLY!
Your bad habits can tell you a lot about you plenty about what you really want, even if those habits seem counter-productive right now.